We held our first official Steering Committee meeting this Friday with good results. Below was the Agenda:
- Cancel Complete Projects
- Add New Projects
- Reprioritize Existing Projects
- Change Control
- Complete Executive Briefing
Most of the team was there. I was only missing Medical and part of Operations.
Sarah had pasted the latest Priority List on the walls with numbered Post-its next to each project title ready to be moved.
- We cancelled a couple of projects that were not really projects, just deliverables within other projects.
- Then our CEO asked us to add a couple of projects that stemmed from new customer orders. We figured out the priority of these by holding the post-it next to the top projects and asking: "Is this more important than this one...this one...etc."
- Then we looked over the list and decided that a couple of projects needed their priorities adjusted. But not as many as I expected. I'm used to more fluidity at this early stage.
- Mike showed off our Change Control System. We made some suggestions for improving it and he took notes.
- Sarah showed off the resourcing spreadsheet. This is almost ready to go. Sarah will update this with a few changes and send it out to the team to fill out for all their people.
- I completed the Executive Briefing and everyone felt like the time was well spent.